The vision of the Mission and Youth Department of Soroti Diocese is to evangelize, disciple and equip God’s people to be the salt and the light of the world. Therefore Christians need to be mobilized, trained and equipped and cherish clergy laity for ministry of preaching the Gospel to every generation and section of society. The aim is to have a well mobilized, trained and equipped church actively living out the Christian faith.
The objective is:
1) To proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God and to bring people into personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus.
2) To train and equip believers for discipleship.
3) To respond to the human needs of the people with compassion and love.
4) To seek to transform unjust and oppressive structures of society so that every aspect of it can confirm to God’s will.
5) To promote unity and fellowship in the Church as the body of Christ.